It is true that other factors may contribute to infertility. But it is very true that that the type foods you eat might inhibit or improve our chances of getting pregnant. And if at all you get pregnant, it may negatively affect the baby developing inside you. That is why you should always check the nutritional value of foods you eat before you eat them. There are some foods that are not meant for couple seeking children. Science now play important roles in improving women’s fertility and chances of getting pregnant. Although it is not easy to explain how food women eat help them to get pregnant.
There are cases of poor women who don’t feed well but never had difficulty in conceiving while some women who check the nutritional values of food they consume still find it difficult to conceive. But one important fact is that there some foods that help to improve ovulation while other foods inhibit it. Also some foods help pregnant women. This health and nutrition article will reveal to you some recommended foods that help increase your chances of getting pregnant and some foods you should avoid if you want to get pregnant. You will also learn some foods that improve your ovulation and some other foods that help pregnant mothers to have healthy babies.
Here are some of the recommended foods and their nutritional contents with some tips that help to boost a woman’s chances of getting pregnant and also provide the best environment for the development of a fetus:
- Whole Grains: They rich in vitamin B, vitamin E and fiber. Examples are wheat, oats, rice, corn, barley, sorghum, rye, millet, etc.
- Multivitamin with up to 400 mcg of Folic Acid: They prevent spinal cord and brain defects, especially few weeks before and after conception.
- Fruits And Vegetables: They rich in Vitamin C and are also antioxidants.
- Slender Meats and Beans: They rich in Protein, iron and zinc.
- Dairy with Low Fat Contents: They rich in protein and calcium. But they should not be consumed in excess.
- DHA/Omega-3: It reduces the risk of premature birth and also helps to develop the baby’s brain and nervous system. Foods rich in omega-3 are salmon, tuna and eggs.
- Foods with High Choline Content: Choline is a nutrient helps to reduce negative gene effects which most time result in birth defects and also promotes optimal baby’s brain function. There are only few foods that contain choline such as egg yolks, beef liver contains more and cauliflower (which contains the highest percentage of choline).
- Drink Enough Water Daily: Although water is one of the most common food nutrients, but it plays a very important role in digestive and reproductive system. This is why it is very important that you take enough water daily. Taking enough water can help to increase your chances of getting pregnant because it helps a woman’s cervical fluid and a man’s ejaculating fluid to be agile and active.
- Avoid Foods that Contain Caffeine: Most coffee, tea and soft drinks contain caffeine which disrupts fertility and also causes miscarriages. There are some teas and soft drinks that are caffeine free. But you need to check very well before consuming them. If possible avoid taking coffee whenever you are expecting conception.
- Avoid Eating Fish with high mercury content: such as sword fish, tile fish, shark and king mackerel.
Recommended Foods That Help To Improve A Woman’s Ovulation
Research has revealed that foods containing higher amounts of Trans-fats, animal proteins and carbohydrates cause ovulation disorder in women. That is why it is important that a woman who wants to get pregnant should check the nutritional contents of foods she consumes.
Here are some recommended food consumption tip for women who want to get pregnant:
- Replace most animal protein sources like beef, pork and chicken you consume with vegetable protein sources like cooked dried beans and nuts. This can help to reduce ovulation disorder by half.
- Once in a while, replace low-fat dairy sources you consume with high-fat dairy sources like a glass of whole milk. But you should be very careful in doing this. Don’t consume high-fat dairy foods with high sugar contents like ice cream. Also don’t take them very late in the night. Consuming huge amount of low-fat dairy within a short period doubles your risk of ovulatory infertility.
- Always take supplements rich in iron and multivitamins like folic acid. They help to reduce ovulation and infertility issues.
I have revealed some recommended foods that help to improve ovulation and conception, with some other foods that every pregnant woman should eat in order to ensure that health and safety of her unborn baby. Also note that infertility does not only pertain to women only. About 20 percent of infertility in marriage come from male partners. That is why every woman should also educate her husband with some health tips that will improve his reproductive system.
Also ensure that he eats food which are rich in vitamins C and E, zinc and folic acid because they help to improve sperm health and motility. While some habits like smoking, drinking alcohol and drug abuse increase the risk of infertility in men.
See: How to Detect Low and High Calorie Exotic Meals
See Also: The Power Drinks – Garlic, Ginger, Lemon & How to Make Them
I know you have learnt a new thing from this post. Please help us to reach your social media friends by clicking any of the share buttons below. Thanks!