The calorie allowance at meal times includes any drinks or desserts you have. If you eat more for your breakfast, lunch or evening meal, you may need to drop a snack later in the day to stay on track. You need to keep an eye on your portions to help you meet the calorie target for your day’s meals. This article reveals some recommended weight loss diets and and calorie consumption allowance for male and female.
Women (allowance 1,400 kcal)
- Breakfast: 280 kcal
- Lunch: 420 kcal
- Dinner: 420 kcal
- Other food and drink: 280 kcal
Men (allowance 1,900 kcal)
- Breakfast: 380 kcal
- Lunch: 570 kcal
- Dinner: 570 kcal
- Other food and drink: 380 kcal
Calories In Some Common Foods
- Apple: 53 kcal
- Orange: 62 kcal
- Banana: 105 kcal
- Six carrot sticks: 35 kcal
- 2 tbsp. of hummus: 55 kcal
- Buttered brown toast: 115 kcal
- Cup of tea with semi-skimmed milk: 13 kcal
- Mug of coffee with semi-skimmed milk: 20 kcal
Calories in Different Drinks
Calories in alcohol
- Two large glasses of white wine, totaling 360 kcal, will provide a woman with nearly a fifth of her daily calorie allowance.
- A beer-drinker knocking back just five pints a week would add a whopping 44,200 kcal over a year, equivalent to 221 dough nuts.
- Alcohol contains lots of calories; seven calories a gram in fact, almost as many as a gram of fat. And, of course, additional calories can be present in added mixer drinks.
- Many drinkers add to their liquid calorie count by having snacks, such as crisps, nuts or pork scratchings, with their tipple, not to mention a hangover induced fry-up the morning after, which can add an extra 450 kcal.
Some Non-alcoholic Drinks That Can Triple Your Calorie Intake
Fruit juice and smoothies:
See: The 5 Best Recommended Air Fryers – Features And Price
Some Common Drinks And Their Calorie Contents
- Cola drink: 105 kcal
- Mocha: 193 kcal
- Cappuccino: 110 kcal
- Chocolate milkshake: 195 kcal
- Smoothie: 136 kcal
- Pure orange juice: 122.5 kcal
- Pomegranate juice: 170 kcal
- Pure apple juice: 117 kcal
- Caffeinated energy drink: 112.5 kcal